Tuesday, July 10, 2012

To God Be The Glory!


To God Be The Glory, Great Things He Had Done For Me!


I'm extremely thankful and grateful to our Heavenly Father for His abundant blessings, love and mercies that are inexhaustible and too numerous to count!

Nonetheless, I'm counting my blessings one by one (check out this link to the song and lyrics at YouTube by the Irish Choir).

As I recall events for the past 6 months, I realized that God had done great things for me that I'm most grateful and thankful. Counting my blessings as follows:

  1. January 2012: Out of the blues, He led me to check my blood and stool as I lost some weight and was anemic. Results showed that my HB was 7.8 (normal about 13), iron down to 3.4 (normal 14) and blood in the stool.
  2. March 2012: First week, had endoscopy and colonoscopy done. Colonoscopy showed that there was a cancerous tumour in my transverse colon. I was admitted to Hospital UKM (PPUKM) and scheduled for surgery on the next day. But critical cases took priority and I was discharged without surgery after a week. The week’s stay in hospital had weakened me severely as I was mostly fed intravenously with saline solution to prepare for the colon operation that was cancelled for 3 successive days as other urgent, critical and life-threatening cases were given priority. Knowing my weak condition, God had guided the surgeon to discharge me so that I'd be home for a few days to rest well and to nourish and strengthen myself in preparation for the next week’s ordeal. My operation performed on March 20 was a great success where an extended right hemi-colectomy was done for my transverse colon cancer (stage 3). Praise and thank the Lord!
  3. May - June 2012: Started on chemo therapy. Will undergo weekly chemo cycles for 30 sessions that will last until November end. Thank God that I'm coping with the therapy rather well. However,  some adverse effects of the chemo were experienced after the 5th session where for 3 consecutive weeks I had daily severe stomach and intestinal cramps, and lots of gases that occur intermittently from noon till the wee hours of dawn, especially extremely painful during the night. The last week was most severe where besides the cramps, I had nausea, vomiting, lost of appetite and diarrhea. During the 3-week ordeal, I had visited 5 different doctors and none of the medicine prescribed such as enzymes for digestion, probiotics, gas and gastritis pills or mixture magnesium triplicate, etc were effective.
  4. July 2012: Thank goodness, during my 8th session, the consulting doctor at the Onkologi Day Care Clinic where I have my chemo jabs prescribed Buscopan, the anti-spasm pill and miraculously my pains and other side-effects have ceased. I truly praise and thank God for hearing my plea and cries for relief and healing.
Hence, I've not ceased counting my blessings. Our loving and merciful God has been with me all the time... healing, strengthening and comforting me endlessly, assuring me of His faithful abiding presence within me because I'm precious to Him, and His promise to save me and get me through everything and anything (Isaiah 43:1-3).

I'd love to share the hymn 'Count Your Blessings' below (an entirely different version from the one above) which has become so meaningful and consoling for me, especially when experiencing the adverse effects of my chemo therapy. The lyrics and melody was composed by my dear and talented friend, Michael Wong.


Count Your Blessings

That you can cross the street
To the church where we meet, it's a blessing;
That you can take your food
Thank the Lord, that you should, it's a blessing.

That I can sing this song
And you whistle along, it's a blessing;
And to know the Lord is there
Every time we say our prayer, it's a blessing.

Chorus:
And we know even when
We are down and suffering
Jesus keep us blessed all the way;
For we know that is when
Jesus Christ is close at hand
So count your blessings day by day.

That you can sing Him praise
For His love and His grace, it's a blessing;
And each night He promise rest
And tomorrow He will bless, it's a blessing.
Sharing too another hymn, 'To God Be The Glory, and a healing prayer that was sent to me via email from a wonderful friend, a prayer warrior.

To God Be The Glory (sing along by clicking the link)
To God be the glory, great things He has done
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son
Who yielded His life, an atonement for sin
And opened the life-gate that all may go in.

Chorus:
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Let the earth hear His voice
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Let the people rejoice
O come to the Father through Jesus, His Son
And give Him the glory, great things He has done.

O perfect redemption, the purchase of blood
To every believer the promise of God
The vilest offender who truly believes
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives! (Chorus)

Great things He has taught us, great things He has done
And great our rejoicing through Jesus, the Son!
But purer and higher and greater will be
Our wonder, our transport when Jesus we see! (Chorus)
Healing Prayer:
Heavenly Father,

I call on You right now in a special way. It is through Your power that I was created. Every breath I take, every morning I wake, and every moment of every hour, I live under Your power.

Father, I ask You now to touch me with that same power. For if You created me from nothing, You can certainly recreate me. Fill me with the healing power of Your spirit. Cast out anything that should not be in me. Mend what is broken. Root out any unproductive cells. Open any blocked arteries or veins and rebuild any damaged areas. Remove all inflammation and cleanse all infection.

Let the warmth of Your healing love pass through my body to make new any unhealthy areas so that my body will function the way You created it to function.

And Father, restore me to full health in mind and body so that I may serve You the rest of my life.

I ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

I'd like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt gratitude and thanks to beloved John, my loving and caring spouse who had nursed me back to good health. Also, to convey my grateful appreciation and thanks to my family members, relatives and friends (including online friends too) for their loving and kind support, thoughts and prayers that strengthened and comforted me, keeping me peaceful, joyful and hopeful throughout!

God bless you all and may perfect health be yours always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search