Friday, October 28, 2005

Homegrown Peacock Flower


Caesalpinia pulcherrima (Peacock Flower) in our garden, Oct 2005 Peacock flower also known as Caesalpinia pulcherrima: this attractive fast growing shrub, cultivated from seeds given by my brother, now stands about 3 feet in our garden.

It’ll soon outshine its surrounding plants and it’s definitely an attention grabber with its showy and striking blossoms of yellow and orange-red.

Known to flower throughout most of the year and grow to about 8-12 feet tall, my spouse (who’s also an avid gardener) and I are glad that it’s grown on ground to maximize its potential. Nevertheless, we wouldn’t want it to shoot too tall in our small front yard, and becomes unsightly, though.

Further information on peacock flower at our garden blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I posted your article on my blog at http://peacock.com

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search